The GMI Partnership is made up of Positive East, the Metro Centre and West London Gay Men's Project (London Borough of Hounslow) and provides services under the Pan London HIV Prevention Programme (PLHPP).
All of our services under the PLHPP are one-to-one to address the concerns of Men who have sex with Men (MSM) practicing safer sex.
Why work in Partnership?
By working together we are able to draw on over 50 years of experience of working with Men who have Sex with Men, over 60 employees and more than 125 volunteers in the work that we do as part of the PLHPP.
Our skills lie in:
- developing, delivering and evaluating HIV prevention and sexual health promotion services targeting men who have sex with men;
- recruiting, inducting, placing, training and supporting hundreds of volunteers;
- working collaboratively to achieve health outcomes for men who have sex with men;
- working strategically to balance cost-effective service delivery and quality standards;
- significant experience in counselling, outreach and detached work and other areas including advocacy, capacity building, training, group work and clinical services.
As a Partnerships of agencies based outside the centre of London, we have been able to use our local contacts to make sure that the work we do is truly pan-London in nature and not just a Zone 1 service.
Furthermore we believe that no person is hard to reach, rather we need to work in different ways to reach the men who will benefit from our work who may not have been reached by traditional ways of working.